Sunday, June 7, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Mission from May 13, 2009 to May 2011.... Porto Portugal
Hey there mom!
So today is my Pday. Its every friday after 1 P.M. here at the MTC. So I guess I only get 30 min a week to email, and I'm already getting tired of typing! Its been a while since I've been on a computer and typing sooo much and so fast. But to give you a run down about this week.
Sunday was a really nice day for sure. I felt the spirit pretty much all day long, it was an good experience. I've actually felt the spirit all week. Its really different to fell the spirit all the time. But the language study this whole week has been very interesting too. I've been learning alot ALOT! All my companions told me the first 3 days here they have learned more of a language than they have the whole time in high school! Thats how hard they are cracking down on missionaries to learn different languages. I have 2 different teachers. One usually in the afternoon and one in the morning. It fluctuates on the days. But i have a really good teacher named Irmao (brother) Campbell. He is my favorite because I can always get him to start chuckling and he makes comments that make me feel like I am really doing a good job at the language... So right now I wish I would have really read the Book of Mormon before I got in here. I am focusing all my study time on that because I need to get a really strong testimony about it. I already have a good one, but how can I proselyte to the people in Portugal and tell them to read the book if I haven't even read it for myself??? So thus I am reading it right now. I can feel the change in me already. I am more patient and calm now. I have been keeping a pretty good positive attitude about everything here. Its been a really good experience. I'm getting really anxious to go to Portugal though. The missionaries that have already been here for about 8 weeks leave I think next week and so I'm pretty jealous of them. But any ways thanks for sending my bag and the goodies. I love goodies but I don't think I should get them often because I know I will gain weight. I know I already have gained a little weight. They feed us soooooo much food!!! Well I need to get going so I will look forward to hearing from you next Friday!
Love you tons,
Love Elder Passey
No comments:
Post a Comment