Wednesday, June 24, 2009
Letter 6-5-09
In Portuguese he asked how we were and says he loves the language.
He says he will write more in Portuguese so that his father and relearn the language.
Letter 6-12-09
More Portuguese. He sent home a CD with a lot of photo's of Portugal missionaries at the Provo Temple grounds. Kolton is not the only one who likes to have fun and pull faces. He wants me to post some of them.
Letter 6-21-09
Some of the Portuguese I tried to translate but it did not make sense. He is getting better and better at writing the language. He did say he can read it better than speak it. I told him about a book I was reading and he told me to not forget to read the Book of Mormon. He says there are a lot of neat people in his zone, but some of them left last week. A lot more leave again this week. I am pretty sad about it. I have actually become good friends with a kid from Mesa Arizona. Funny thing is he knows a lot of Passey's down there! Pretty Cool. (That is where the Passey's we are related to are from) Tonight all of the kids that are presently here at the MTC that are from Rexburg are actually getting together and getting a giant picture of all of us. I am excited to see a lot of the kids I graduated with.
For the 4th of July I get to go to the field and watch fireworks from the Football Stadium. I am very excited. I only have a week and a half till I get my flight plans... and then a week and a half later I leave to Portugal. My teacher told us we are the most advancing group he has ever taught. He has been working for a year now so ya. I know the Lord is blessing me so much with the language. And all I had to do was ask him. In Alma chapter 17 verses 2-3 he is talking about the power of prayer. It is proof that prayer is amazing and works. Also, Mosiah 17 when Abinadi is killed he prays for Got to do the same thing that has been brought upon him. It's amazing how it all works. I love the stories in the Book of Mormon. So much inspiration and what not. Now I understand why dad loves Captain Moroni so much. He is an amazing man. The way he is so devoted to God, but at the same time fights so much for freedom,. The BOM is just awesome. I suggest reading it at least 2 times while I'm gone. But remember I will be back in 22 months so ya! Love Elder Kolton Passey
June 26th
I hope you could understand my last letter, lots of Portuguese. I was on a Portuguese high that week. Not so much this week. It has actually been pretty slow. I am antsy to get out there and start teaching. I know I need as much help as I can get right now, but I am just getting way excited. Well the Prophet might talk tonight, I am really excited. Sorry I don't have much to say. Elder Passey
July 3rd, 2009
Well this week went by real fast. It was good to hear from you guys right at the beginning of the week. It made the week go by a little bit faster. Last Saturday I talked to Elder Holland and Elder Perry. It was really cool. At the fireside last Friday there were 7 out of the 12 apostles there. It was really neat. It was a cool weekend because the Mission Presidents were all around and roaming the campus. I also met a President that is going down to Brazil. I got to talk to him a little bit in Portuguese. Last night I figured out that I was just reading the BOM to get it done before I left. So I inquired of the Lord if that is what he wants me to focus on or more on the language. I got an impression I need to finish the BOM. But also I need to work hard on the language. So I am devoting myself to speak all day everyday. I will speak English when I need to but otherwise in Portuguese. I got my flight plans for the 14th. We had a cultural day about Portugal. There are gorgeous castles and delicious food and really short people! I can't explain what it looks like! I am just so excited to go! Irmao Harmon was my teacher that served in Porto, and today he left to Washington D.C. so yesterday was the last time I will get to see him. So when he left I kinda got teary eyed and so did a lot of the other kids in my district. I can't wait to see him when I get home. I love you guys lots, Elder Kolton Passey
July 10
I have a lot of pictures from the MTC and stories but I will wait until I get home to tell you, they will be funnier that way. I will defiantly come home with a lot of photos. I exaggerated a lot about my weight gain. I have only gained at the max 10 pounds. But one set of my suit doesn't fit now. It isn't good! But I know I will work it off for sure! For the first time I realized why you and dad keep helping Kregg no matter what. It is because of the Love you have for him. I was reading in Helaman 12 when it started to dawn on me. Then I read in Chapters 13-14 and it is the story about Samuel the Lamanite, and he explains about the love of Christ is always given even when they wrong him. So much,he is still quick to forgive and help. My siblings need to read this book for sure. It will show them that they are doing the exact same things to you and dad. But you two have the attribute of love with you, and you guys forgive quickly that is the best attribute to have. It is so strong! I love you guys for it! and I am so sorry for always being rude about it. James Peterson is a kid I went to high school with in Idaho. We have laundry time at the same time every week. He is going to Ecuador for his mission. He actually arrive one week after I did. We are good friends and I will see him in Idaho when I get back. I want our family to always be happy and close. Family is the key to Eternal happiness. I will work hard to get our family more united when I get home. It will be a great home to live in. I got to watch the fireworks from here on campus on July 4th. We are not allowed to ever leave unless we are escorted to the doctors or somewhere. This is my last letter I am writing home from the MTC. I will write a letter every now and then, but mostly I will be emailing OK? I Love you, Be happy, Elder Passey
In Portuguese he asked how we were and says he loves the language.
He says he will write more in Portuguese so that his father and relearn the language.
Letter 6-12-09
More Portuguese. He sent home a CD with a lot of photo's of Portugal missionaries at the Provo Temple grounds. Kolton is not the only one who likes to have fun and pull faces. He wants me to post some of them.
Letter 6-21-09
Some of the Portuguese I tried to translate but it did not make sense. He is getting better and better at writing the language. He did say he can read it better than speak it. I told him about a book I was reading and he told me to not forget to read the Book of Mormon. He says there are a lot of neat people in his zone, but some of them left last week. A lot more leave again this week. I am pretty sad about it. I have actually become good friends with a kid from Mesa Arizona. Funny thing is he knows a lot of Passey's down there! Pretty Cool. (That is where the Passey's we are related to are from) Tonight all of the kids that are presently here at the MTC that are from Rexburg are actually getting together and getting a giant picture of all of us. I am excited to see a lot of the kids I graduated with.
For the 4th of July I get to go to the field and watch fireworks from the Football Stadium. I am very excited. I only have a week and a half till I get my flight plans... and then a week and a half later I leave to Portugal. My teacher told us we are the most advancing group he has ever taught. He has been working for a year now so ya. I know the Lord is blessing me so much with the language. And all I had to do was ask him. In Alma chapter 17 verses 2-3 he is talking about the power of prayer. It is proof that prayer is amazing and works. Also, Mosiah 17 when Abinadi is killed he prays for Got to do the same thing that has been brought upon him. It's amazing how it all works. I love the stories in the Book of Mormon. So much inspiration and what not. Now I understand why dad loves Captain Moroni so much. He is an amazing man. The way he is so devoted to God, but at the same time fights so much for freedom,. The BOM is just awesome. I suggest reading it at least 2 times while I'm gone. But remember I will be back in 22 months so ya! Love Elder Kolton Passey
June 26th
I hope you could understand my last letter, lots of Portuguese. I was on a Portuguese high that week. Not so much this week. It has actually been pretty slow. I am antsy to get out there and start teaching. I know I need as much help as I can get right now, but I am just getting way excited. Well the Prophet might talk tonight, I am really excited. Sorry I don't have much to say. Elder Passey
July 3rd, 2009
Well this week went by real fast. It was good to hear from you guys right at the beginning of the week. It made the week go by a little bit faster. Last Saturday I talked to Elder Holland and Elder Perry. It was really cool. At the fireside last Friday there were 7 out of the 12 apostles there. It was really neat. It was a cool weekend because the Mission Presidents were all around and roaming the campus. I also met a President that is going down to Brazil. I got to talk to him a little bit in Portuguese. Last night I figured out that I was just reading the BOM to get it done before I left. So I inquired of the Lord if that is what he wants me to focus on or more on the language. I got an impression I need to finish the BOM. But also I need to work hard on the language. So I am devoting myself to speak all day everyday. I will speak English when I need to but otherwise in Portuguese. I got my flight plans for the 14th. We had a cultural day about Portugal. There are gorgeous castles and delicious food and really short people! I can't explain what it looks like! I am just so excited to go! Irmao Harmon was my teacher that served in Porto, and today he left to Washington D.C. so yesterday was the last time I will get to see him. So when he left I kinda got teary eyed and so did a lot of the other kids in my district. I can't wait to see him when I get home. I love you guys lots, Elder Kolton Passey
July 10
I have a lot of pictures from the MTC and stories but I will wait until I get home to tell you, they will be funnier that way. I will defiantly come home with a lot of photos. I exaggerated a lot about my weight gain. I have only gained at the max 10 pounds. But one set of my suit doesn't fit now. It isn't good! But I know I will work it off for sure! For the first time I realized why you and dad keep helping Kregg no matter what. It is because of the Love you have for him. I was reading in Helaman 12 when it started to dawn on me. Then I read in Chapters 13-14 and it is the story about Samuel the Lamanite, and he explains about the love of Christ is always given even when they wrong him. So much,he is still quick to forgive and help. My siblings need to read this book for sure. It will show them that they are doing the exact same things to you and dad. But you two have the attribute of love with you, and you guys forgive quickly that is the best attribute to have. It is so strong! I love you guys for it! and I am so sorry for always being rude about it. James Peterson is a kid I went to high school with in Idaho. We have laundry time at the same time every week. He is going to Ecuador for his mission. He actually arrive one week after I did. We are good friends and I will see him in Idaho when I get back. I want our family to always be happy and close. Family is the key to Eternal happiness. I will work hard to get our family more united when I get home. It will be a great home to live in. I got to watch the fireworks from here on campus on July 4th. We are not allowed to ever leave unless we are escorted to the doctors or somewhere. This is my last letter I am writing home from the MTC. I will write a letter every now and then, but mostly I will be emailing OK? I Love you, Be happy, Elder Passey
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment